Saturday, August 29, 2009

Big day tomorrow

Ken is preaching tomorrow as Pastor will be performing a wedding in the afternoon. We tease Randy and Mary's that we hope they will make it to their golden wedding anniversary as they are middle-aged.  They both have a great sense of humor so it should be a fun wedding and reception.
Ken got to go to the Brewer's game in a limo with the Penza family!  Frank won 6 tickets and I know Ken would never speak up to be first, so offered him the opportunity since I'd gone to a hockey game in a limo with David and Cheri.  He was looking forward to it and enjoyed the temporary luxury not only of the ride, but especially being out of traffic with valet drop off, pick up, and bypassing about 100 cars on the way out.  Meanwhile, I got a few writing assignments ticked off the list, made a card for the wedding, and thought about rest.  
Rest, rest, rest...My sister emailed with the subject being D to the 3rd power and I knew I was in trouble... a girlfriend takes me shopping and talks about resting, another calls and shares her busy life, and ends with and you, do you ever rest?  Ken posted a big sign on the desk that says You must plan to purposely rest or you can lose your joy,  and then I listened to one of my favorite Daniel O'Donnel cd's and I hear  ... Be not afraid, I go before you always, Come, follow me, and I will give you rest.  The word about my habit must have gotten out, or could God be talking to me?  Duh! Guess I should take heed, and not spend the night at the computer so I can be awake to hear Ken's message.  Wouldn't that be embarrassing if I were to nod off!
At least I can read before sleeping as I have another (wonderful) book to review. Or is that multi-tasking in slumberland?  At this early time (for me) I will reluctantly but obediently go practice resting!

No comments: