Monday, April 26, 2010

Days 119 and 120 - Anniversaries

I'm looking at the Biblical term, Beloved.  Partly because our anniversary is just around the corner, and partly because it helps me to refresh when I look back to spiritual and physical anniversaries.  Y'didi - Beloved (dearly loved, well loved and lovely) is God's name in several portions of scripture.  I often think of the 'anniversary' of my relationship with the Lord as beginning on the 4th of July, 1963 about 9:30 p.m. while watching fireworks from a second story porch. (full story on Examiner website you can find through clicking on my picture).  Ephesians 1:5-6 has a different date for me - and for my anniversary.  It says "He determined in advance that through Yeshua the Messiah we would be his [adopted ones] - in keeping with his pleasure and purpose - so that we would bring him praise commensurate with the glory of the grace he gave through the Beloved One."

The last phrase is the one that first strikes me beyond knowing that July date was known long before I was even born.  We usually plan something for our anniversary date - at least a quiet night at home, a treat like a steak dinner, and some dancing time, along with remembering our beginnings.  We do try as well to fulfill in part what is expressed in Ephesians regarding our spiritual anniversary... to "bring praise commensurate" with the grace and love I've received through my beloved spouse, Ken.  It is difficult to express in words, the many joys and gifts of acceptance and love that underscore our many memories.  I brought a lot of baggage from my developing years into our marriage and he has handled it with grace and tenderness and more frequent than I wish had been necessary, forgiveness too.

As difficult as it is to express appreciation 'commensurate' with those earthly bits of tenderness, yet I try.  I also love to give praise and sing praise to the Lord for all that He has done in my life, but  I do not know if I have ever really thought of bringing Him 'praise commensurate" with the glory of the grace given through Y'didi (why-dee-dee) the Beloved One.  I have experienced many tokens of His love, and multitudes of times He has shown me favor.  He has proven over and over that I am beloved to Him - for all the blessings He has provided for me, are 'in keeping with his pleasure and purpose'.

Just as when Ken and I married, our goal, or purpose was to bring joy and pleasure to one another - to bless each other, God's purpose also was to save me, help me, love me, bring me into His family as a first-heir with ALL the privileges and intimacy of one who is close to another's heart.  I have certainly been moved from this brief search to remember that both relationships are two-party.   Both loves stir my heart to return that love - as commensurate as my finite heart, mind and soul are able.

Dining at the Lord's Table is truly satisfying.

This pink drink has lots of protein, combining Fago Greek Yogurt, Trader Joe's creamed honey (1/4 tsp), and cherry juice.  The cherries are the absolute best canned cherries you will ever taste - Columbia Gorge Organic cherries.

Some tea I enjoyed today were found at Greater Grains in Davenport Iowa - The brand is The Tao of Tea - and Cranberry Orange is as tasty as a scone or muffin of that name, and The Ayurvedic Tea Shanti has a delightfully robust flavor and smells like a garden mixing sweet and savory.  I think there must be at least several dozen other types and flavors of white, green and herbal teas in my cupboard right now, so there are lots of choices to enjoy.

No comments: