Thursday, November 18, 2010

Days 314 - 316 - Afterglow

It is tempting. After a week like my past week - where I was nurtured, encouraged, and cared for - including having all meals prepared, to relax the vigilance on eating right.  Once I experienced what it feels like to be healthier, lighter, and more easily satisfied with less food, I don't want to turn back.

Today was an outing with friends at Mangia's - an Italian restaurant in Kenosha.  I should have known that a menu item that started with Lamb and ended with Gnocchhi was going to feature the latter, flavored by the lamb.  A little teasing for picking out the lamb and goat cheese (delicious) from the pasta was fine.  The strawberry soup (thickened and topped with whipped cream) was not only a healthy treat but an appetite quencher, as I was still hungry from leaving the pasta behind.   Not a problem though, as I'll add more lamb to the pasta tomorrow for Ken.

Unfortunately I left the camera behind. After hauling around my too-large and too-heavy briefcase all week, I was tremendously relieved for an excuse to use a tiny purse today.  The pictures on the phone will be uploaded tomorrow.

 I got the additional protein by whipping up a Chicken, Carmelized onion and Sweet Pepper tart with melted Brie.  Fantastico!

The next photo was from Sparti's Greek restaurant's Gyro Plate. From that one generous serving, Ken had two gyro sandwiches and a side of meat and I had two salads with gyros.  I think I'd like to be their poster girl :)

Cooking is my solution to not wanting to be tempted.  I made several meals that should easily take us through the weekend, so, other than one appointment and a possible party this weekend, I can get some work done without wondering what I will do to quell the hunger that eating at regular hours this past week has seemed to develop.  Seems my appetite, at least, is easily trained!


I Timothy 4:7 says we should "train yourselves to be godly."  As usual, I love the way Eugene Peterson expressed it in The Message: "Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please!"

No comments: