Monday, November 15, 2010

Days 307 - 313 - Dining at the Lord's Table in New Mexico

Wow - combine wonderful food for the body, soul, and spirit and you come home trimmer!  It's true.  I ate until satisfied three times a day, had a delicious variety of gluten-free offerings and came home minus 1.3 pounds.

Below  are some photos of food from Ghost Ranch, NM.
 Salad bar or fruit bar was the sidekick of every meal - it made it so easy and tasty to stay on course.

The white potatoes only got tasted, not eaten.  I had to test myself to see if that was something I felt I needed.  Not.

Colorful chips added a nice crunch to the turkey salad which I put on greens, and cukes. YUM

The lentil dish below, topped with sour cream was a favorite.
I asked for the recipe, and got it!  I will serve that again and again.

Will include recipe tomorrow when I unpack it :) Deuteronomy 11:15 says "you will eat and be satisfied."  I have to admit, a year ago I would not have thought it would be possible to go to a week long conference and to eat healthy and be satisfied at every meal.


You can be satisfied, but it is your choice to be satisfied for a moment, or for the duration.  This bowl of lentils is about what Esau sold for his birthright - his inheritance.  We too, have an inheritance in Christ that is far more valuable than all that Esau or his brother Jacob received. Why would we not choose to wait to fill our bellies instead of desperately allowing something that will rot and spoil control us.  Eating at the Lord's table not only keeps me filled with satisfaction, it helps me make better decisions because I am not consumed with thoughts of what I will eat next.  Blessings on you.

No comments: