Friday, December 10, 2010

Days 336 - 337 - Open the door!

Taco Salad - other food abundance from yesterday
2Corinthians 6:16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,
“I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM;
AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

I was reading about being the temple of God and this verse struck me - especially the word DWELL: The Hebrew word it originated from is yashab, yaw-shab´; and it means to dwell, to remain; to settle, to marry, to abide, to inhabit, to keep house, to endure.  God's word is like - well, like potato chips used to be for me - once I look up one word, I cannot stop, I love it.  So - the original meanings for several words are listed below in parenthesis. 

What a relationship is revealed in these few words.  It's not a visit, not a dating-and-let's-see-how-this-works-out type of relationship - it is an enduring relationship - close and intimate.

Then the order of the description of how I am a temple of God showed the progression:

First - He dwells (lives, makes His home, remains) in me
John 15:4 “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in Me and how do I know if He abides in me? 1John 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
Second - He walks (to go softly with) among (near/close to) me

Third - I will be their God - He will be (accept/will/want/content) my God (Almighty God)

Fourth -They (I) will be HIS people (fellow citizens) I was surprised as I personalized the verse and looked up each word to see that in both phrases be had the same meaning (I will be their God and They will be my people) - accepted, willed, wanted, contented)







Wow!  God said He would accept me - He willed me to exist and to be His child, He wants me and is content to be my God.
Not one of my gods....  or a god - but my God - how personal, and how AMAZING.

Then He says that as He dwells in me, and walks softly close to me, I willingly will accept His constant closeness - I will accept Him as my all-in-all, and I will be contented when I learn and understand that I am God's will. I am wanted. I am accepted.

We each receive the invitation to eat at The Lord's Table (Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me.)

If you haven't already, I hope you will join me - open the door!

No comments: