Earlier snack shown above - pan crisped sweet potatoes and onions. Delish... Still dear hubby has convinced me to join him in a midnight snack and I've compromised by having a half. Stomach still regretted it. I guess, though most of you can handle a little sugar now and then, my body is not ready for it. Halving such a huge treat is a viable option though, for anyone concerned with health, calories or sugar intake .
- I can clean out the pantry and have a healthy kitchen without feeling deprived
- Cooking with fresh and colorful foods is full of taste and adventure
- Many restaurants are learning about gluten intolerance and make accommodation
- I do much better when I journal my intake - found using Weight by Date a tremendous help
- Fasting is now an important part of my health - physical and spiritual - and is a great pick-me-up especially when I use Emeril's broth, and veggie juice instead of fruit or just water for lengthy fasts
- Getting oxygen first thing in the morning - whether through stretching, oxycise, sauna or treadmill, makes the whole day go better
- Eliminating wheat has improved my breathing capacity and stamina. It's far easier to walk up a lot of stairs, or to take a long walk (often did 4, 5, and 7 mile walks - occasionally doubled those)
- Looking at food presentation as an art encourages adding color to the meal
- Focusing on colorful food first, as the main feature, rather than what I can pour on top, has produced more exciting meals with 'brighter' taste
- Meals are more enjoyable now that I am controlling the food, rather than it controlling me.
Thanks for following my year-long resolution and Have a happy and HEALTHY New Year! If you are having difficulties with Food, Health, Cravings, Commitment to God first - please do yourself and your loved ones a huge favor and check out www.settingcaptivesfree.com - Your freedom in Christ awaits you.
Delores - P.S. Come visit me at my new website www.deloresliesner.com