Saturday, October 23, 2010

Days 289 - 290 Who can forget to eat?

I did it again.  I forgot to eat, and didn't realize it until about 7 pm tonight.  Haven't done that for awhile, since I've gone on the gluten free diet.   Fortunately there was squash, chili and greek yogurt in the fridge which made for a delicious pick-me-up.

The only reason I see in scripture for forgetting to eat is depression: Psalm 102:4 My heart is blighted and withered like grass; I forget to eat my food. This person's heart has experienced something that prevents the growth or prosperity... Hence: To destroy the happiness of; to ruin; to mar essentially; to frustrate; as, to blight one’s prospects. (Strong's concordance).  That is not my situation today, but I've certainly experineced feeling as though my heart or emotions are frustrated and withered like the grass during a hot spell.  Haven't we all. 

Wise people evaluate each day the wealth that is in their lives - including of course, all that we have in Christ:  Psalm 103:2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—

I love this verse from the Old Testament which tells me what not to forget: Deut. 4:9  Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.

Food:  Gluten Free BLT snacks and Acorn Squash bowl with Bean and Beef Chili and Greek Yogurt topping.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks good. I would guess that you cooked the acorn squash before you topped it with chili?

Delores said...

Yes. I cut the squash in half and place it face down on baking sheet. Bake at 350 until done - about 20 min.